July 29, 2012

Word to the Muthas


If you’ve ever read the Diary and felt a strong connection to the Madwoman and the muthas, and maybe even wished that you too could slip into your alter ego and engage in one of our hilarious therapy sessions, with drink in hand and laughter heavy in the air, then you need to listen  up.  Because it’s about to happen.  I’m talking about the Million MILF March!

“Mom’s Investing in Laughter and Frivolity.”  Gah….what did you think it meant?  Actually, the muthas have come up with a vast array of choices for what the acronym actually means.  Check them out and add your own version here.

WHAT EXACTLY IS A MILF?  As the Hot Mess describes, MILF is an attitude…

We are not your mother’s mother. We have never been to a beauty parlor. We do not have our hair ‘set’. We ROCK 40… We can bring home the bacon and fry in up in a pan. {We may let you forget you’re a man because we are really focused on that bacon} We wear yoga pants and 5 inch heels, although never at the same time. We range in size from 2- 22. We range in age from 30-60. We may or may not have children. We may or may not be married. Hell, we may or may not be women.

We are living in a busy crazy financially burdened time, but realize the importance of taking time out for FUN. We have jobs, kids, pets, charities, spouses, parents, friends, and countless other responsibilities that we do gladly and we do well. We are imperfect. We embrace our flaws. We are hot messes and we are proud of it.

And for this Million Milf March~ we celebrate OURSELVES. We celebrate our wrinkles and muffin tops. We will be selfish. We will be gluttonous. We will be kid-free! We will eat and drink and be merry. We will not be judged. We will raise money for a good cause. We will march. {and by ‘march’ we mean ‘stroll from bar to bar’}  We are MILFs.

The Million MILF March is the brain child of the Hot Mess Mom.  It will be held Friday and Saturday, September 7th & 8th, here in New Orleans.  The Friday night charity event includes an auction/raffle, food, music and booze, and the Saturday event is a pub crawl.  Find detailed event info here.  All proceeds from the Friday party will go to the Friends In Need Foundation.  Rooms are available at the Sheraton New Orleans for $99 per night.

Everything is very short walking distance from the hotel.  Even in your cute shoes.

I hope you all will grab your own muthas, come up with your alter ego names, and invest a little time and money in celebrating yourselves!  You are worthy, and you need to do it.  I wouldn’t have survived this past year without the muthas.  Without my alter ego, Chardonnay.

PS: The big daddies are welcomed too.  Especially the hot single ones, LOL.


10 comments:

  1. How cool. Wish I lived closer. I could use a dose of muthas!! We certainly are in financially burdened times....and I'm on the fence wondering if Chase is going to foreclose or remodify!! Your blogs are brilliant. Please enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party with the mad woman and the muthas?? I'm in!!!!!! I'm so coming to this!!! I have wanted to meet you and have felt like I've known you since I started reading your blogs. I live nearby so I shall grab a few muthas and be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damnit!!! I can't come up with that much cash that quick!! Hey...make this shit annual and I'll be there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn it! I can't come up with that much cash that quickly. :( :( :( Make this an annual thing and I'll see ya next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, the Hot Mess plans for it to be an annual event...and I feel pretty certain it will increase in size and popularity from year to year, so we will hold you to that!

      Delete
  5. LoL sounds fun. Although I do not have any extra money to spend. I would like to rewrite one of those ranges though! I believe it should be 2-32 in size. Lol I'm not quiet that size but I know a lot of big beautiful moms out there who truly rock. Well have gun ladies and can't wait to read about it!!! Be safe and God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would soooo Love tooooooo...my kids start school the following Monday and well, I am in NY...if I could find another Northeasterner to go with...oh its soooo tempting...

    Bcs, I am one Hot Mess...just not sure which particular way you would define it ;-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have them coming in from Canada, Maine, NJ, Cali, and everywhere else! Find another New York Mess to accompany you!! You'll be home in plenty of time to tuck them in Sunday night :)

      Delete
  7. OMG!! I soooo want to come - going to start working on Dr. Evil and see if he'll come too! Frequent flyer miles are good from something right?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am super excited to meet you and the Muthas!

    ReplyDelete